Background of Program
1. Both countries have strong intention to expand their cooperation in education since they signed on MOU in 2007 between Ministers.
2. Both countries are willing to expand the advanced e-learning training based upon the successful execution experience last year.
1. To secure the competitiveness in higher education of KSA through the strategic fostering of key talents in the area of e-learning along with establishing the IT infrastructure.
2. To raise the phase of e-learning in KSA and subsequently spread to the Middle East on behavior of KSA.
1. Title : Advanced e-learning Training Program for KSA 2010 in Korea
2. Theme : A Compass toward innovative collaboration with e-learning
in the digital era
3. Period : October 2, 2010 (12 days)
4. Participants : 25 e-Learning experts from universities in KSA
5. Venues : APEC e-Learning Training Center(Busan & Seoul, Korea)
- Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) of KSA, National Center for e-Learning and Distance Learning (NCeDL) of KSA
- Institute of APEC Collaborative Education (IACE) APEC e-learning Training Center.
NATIONAL E-LEARNING and DISTANCE LEARNING CENTRE KINGDOM of SAUDI ARABIA & Institute of APEC Collaborative Education.
Operation and Execution program
1. Lectures by e-Learning experts in Korea
2. Field Training at institutes
3. Workshop and Team Project among Training Attendees
- By presenting their team projects, training attendees will have a chance to share ideas, discuss, and to build camaraderie.
4. Evaluation: Evaluate and report the program and curriculum
5. Pre-post self training on Website: www.saudi-elearning.org
- Online material section, discussion section, etc
6. Continuous support for attendees and human network building
* IACE provides attendees with opportunity to participate in international academic activities.
Curriculum and Themes Summarys
Dissemination , Research, International Collaboration
e-Learning institutes and companies
e-learning policy making
On-line Contents Development
Future Education and
Policy of Korean Education
Introduction of Program
Basic Understanding of e-Learning Course
e-school, digital textbook
Current Trend and Issue
Understanding of Korea
e-Learning Teaching Model
Best examples of Korean
Trends of Saudi e-Learning
For further information, the Advanced e-Learning Training Program project will basically include the following curriculum; the program is consisted of effectively blended online and offline e-Learning Training curriculum.
1. Proposal and Pre-Training (Online)
Trainees are requested to submit the documents, including the statement of purpose which defines current status of education using ICT and analyze the most urgent or challenging problem that they bring with or face with. Trainees will take online training course on e-Learning lecture.
2. Orientation and Team Building (Offline)
Trainees are able to acquire basic information on training course and research paper.
3. On-Site Training (Offline)
The trainees would attend the classes composed of technologies of cyber education, Learning Management System (LMS), and relevant web application, team-based collaborative research, and seminars.
4. Field Training (Offline)
Based on the application of the trainees, it enables them to learn actual experience on e-Learning.
Through team meeting, interaction with coordinator and workshop, the trainees are expected to integrate possible answers and draw conclusion.
The evaluation is performed by program participants and authorized organizations.
The evaluation measures how much the course is informative, meet participants expectation, appropriately organized and recommendable.
7. Post Training & Following activities:
This course provides the opportunities to conduct self-directed study. Trainees need to submit the post report on their outcomes when they apply the new teaching skill, methods, using e-Learning technology. At the same time, trainees are requested to disseminate research findings and information learned from the training program.
The trainees will get the following benefits from the training;
1. Understanding the comprehensive concept and strategy of e-learning
2. Knowledge of advanced e-learning from Korean experience and advanced technologies.
3. Skill up to execute e-learning thru team activity and practical exercise.
4. Experience and understanding of Korean IT and culture.